Pages

    Search more stories

Sunday, April 22, 2012

'A ship flying in space:' Earth seen through the eyes of an astronaut

|
Source: CNN - 

As an estimated one billion people around the globe take part in events to mark the 42nd Earth Day, Paolo Nespoli's imagesprovide a striking reminder of our planet's awe-inspiring beauty and fragility as an eco-system.

During a six-month mission to the International Space Station (ISS) last year, the Italian astronaut snapped around 26,000 images, posting daily updates on Twitter.



"I really tried to capture what I was seeing. I was amazed by the response from people. It was very fulfilling for me. I was doing something which was very interesting for me, but it made me more happy that I could share the images," Nespoli said.

Nespoli explained to CNN what it's like to see the world "turning around your feet" and the unique perspective space travel provides on our planet and humans' collective impact on it.

To read more visit >> CNN

Do you like this story?


Popular Posts