Pages

    Search more stories

Monday, April 23, 2012

'Married men are better boyfriends'

|
Source: news.com.au - 

FINDING herself suddenly single at 41, Liz* soon discovered the men she liked best were the ones who were attached. She shares her story.

My first experience with a married man wasn't a good one. I could tell he was a seasoned cheater. A sales rep in his early 40s with a baby, he warned me not to get attached and told me I should get myself a boyfriend too. He said he knew a hit man, should I ever tell his wife about us (he was joking,


but the long silence at the end of his sentence made me nervous). The problem was, I wasn't used to dating married men so, of course, I fell in love. I stayed in, waiting for his next visit, stopped making an effort with other men and convinced myself he'd soon see the error of his ways and fall in love with me.

We were in a Sydney hotel bed when he called his wife to tell her his flight from Perth had been delayed and he had to stay another night. The smirk on his face as he lied to that poor woman dealing with a screaming baby, plus the fact he didn't treat me all that well either, made me realise he wasn't a nice person - and neither was I. It was the last time I saw him.

To read more visit >> news.com.au

Do you like this story?


Popular Posts