Pages

    Search more stories

Monday, March 26, 2012

Robin Gibb says writing 'The Titanic Requiem' helped him battle cancer

|
Source: newkerala.com - 

London, Mar 26: Robin Gibbs revealed that writing a symphony about the sinking of the Titanic helped him through his struggles with cancer. 

The 'Bee Gee' has had a lifelong fascination with the ship, and to mark the 100th anniversary of the disaster he composed his first classical work 'The Titanic Requiem', with son RJ, 29.

He said that concentrating his energies on the piece helped him fight liver cancer.

"I'm truly grateful that working on 'The Titanic Requiem' distracted me from my illness to such a degree that I truly believe it might have saved my life," the Sun quoted him as saying in an interview.

To read more visit >> newkerala.com


Do you like this story?


Popular Posts