Pages

    Search more stories

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Man with 20,000 bird ornaments has no room left to live at home

|
Source: thisisplymouth.co.uk - 

A PLYMPTON man who has collected over 20,000 bird ornaments has been run out of his home as a result of his obsession.

Lawrence Cobbold, aged 38, has to visit his parents' house for meals, to do his washing and keep his clothes because he has no room at his own.

He has been collecting ornaments, paper weights, pictures and thimbles for over 25 years and estimates that altogether the treasures could be worth up to £40,000.

He said: "What I pay for them and what they're worth to me are two different things. It's turned into an obsession. I've always worked full-time, I do as much overtime as I can. I just want to show where my money goes, and I like looking at them."

Lawrence can spend up to £500 on ornaments at charity shops and car boot sales.

In total Lawrence has 15,000 ornaments, 4,800 thimbles, 1,000 fridge magnets and about 300 plates. He has also collected 300 pictures, 150 mugs and 100 jigsaws, all connecting in some way to birds.

To read more visit >> thisisplymouth.co.uk

Do you like this story?


Popular Posts