Pages

    Search more stories

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

British woman allergic to blood, sweat and tears

|
Source: Thewest.com

A British woman is destined to spend Valentines Day without a kiss from her partner because of a rare condition that makes her allergic to water, even saliva.

Kissing is not possible for Rachel Prince and fiancé Lee Warwick, Britain's Daily Mail newspaper reports.

Miss Prince has a condition called aquagenic urticaria, which means even a few spots of saliva from Mr Warwick would bring her out in hives.

Mis Prince cannot swim, enjoy long baths or even drink a cold glass of water.

She told the Daily Mail: "It does get me down because obviously I want that intimacy and that closeness. But if Lee even gives me a kiss on the cheek I have to wipe it off straight away before the reaction comes up.

"It's a bit depressing not being able to kiss, but Lee makes up for it in other ways by being affectionate and buying me little gifts.'

"I washed my hands until they bled, considered suicide and thought if I touched a doorhandle my family would die."

To read rest of the story visit >> Thewest.com


Do you like this story?


Popular Posts