Pages

    Search more stories

Friday, March 23, 2012

'Iranians, we love you', says Israeli Facebook page

|
Source: sify.com

Jerusalem: A new Facebook initiative has been launced by Israelis to reach out to Iranians to show them that despite tensions, the majority of Israelis do not want war.

The "Iranians, we love you" Facebook page has garnered around 18,000 'likes' after less than a week since Roni Edris and Michal Tamir, a couple from Tel Aviv, launched the group on the popular social media website.



"It just started as a post on Facebook on my private page and it was a picture of me and my daughter, with a poster I designed that read 'Iranians we love you, we'll never bomb your country'," Edris, a father of two said.

"I never imagined it would grow such much and get so much attention. I'm a graphic designer, so it just popped on my head and I posted it, and asked my friends about it," he said.

When he first posted the picture on his personal Facebook page, many of his friends reprimanded him.

To read more visit >> sify.com

Do you like this story?


Popular Posts